Bacon cheeseburger eggrolls
A fun alternative to a cheesburger !
What I used :
- Eggroll wrappers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp worsteshire sauce
- 1 C. bacon bits
- salt and pepper to taste
How I did it :
Pre heat oven to 350′
- Start by cooking down your onion in just a bit of oil just until tender
- Add the ground beef and cook throughly
- Once your meat mixture is done drain it completely of the grease
- Move it to a large mixing bowl and add the remainder of the ingredients except the sesame seeds
- Start to assemble your eggrolls by wetting the edges of the egrroll wrapper with a small amount of water to help it seal
- Put a heaping helping of the meat mixture in the center of the wrapper begin rolling it as pictured until you have all of them rolled and ready
- Place them on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray seam side down
- Brush the tops of each with just a light layer of oil or butter just enough for the sesame seeds to stick
- Place in the oven until golden brown approx 12 – 15 minutes
Grillers Smokey Biscuits
Montys delicious smoked sausage breakfast biscuits .
He starts by warming our traeger smoker up to 325 degrees
2 cans of Grands flaky biscuits
2 pounds of Jimmy Dean sausage
Make your patties about 1/4 pound each since they will shrink when cooked
Put the sausage on the smoker spaced apart enough to allow the smoke to move around them
Let cook for about 10 minutes before adding the biscuits to the smoker and watch them closely so that the bottoms dont get to done .
*note that all meat that is smoked will appear pink due the the smoke ring (especially pork) *
Always use a meat thermometer to check for doneness
Once sausage is cooked thoroughly and biscuits are golden brown take it all off the smoker and build your sandwich with a slice of cheese and enjoy !
I personally like mine with mustard and a mimosa !
Kansas cheese steaks
- 1-2 pounds of steak
- 6 hogie buns
- 1 large bell pepper sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 carton of mushroom washed and sliced
- sliced provolone cheese
- salt and pepper
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
Start by slicing the steak really thin and across the grain and put it in a hot skillet with about a table spoon of butter and season with salt and pepper and whatever other seasoning you want ( seasoned salt , garlic powder etc.)
While that is going go ahead and slice your onion , pepper and mushrooms into bite size pieces .
Start another skillet with a nice tablespoon of butter and once it is hot and melted toss in the onion and pepper and cook down until soft .
Cook your mushrooms in a about a half teaspoon of butter until they turn a nice brown color and add them to your onion and pepper mix .
Once your steak is cooked through and tender add it to the veggies and cover the mixture with cheese and put a lid on it to steam the cheese and get it nice and melty !
when it is all melted and ooey gooey spoon a nice size helping into each hogie bun .
Here is where the magic happens… wrap each hogie in a sheet of aluminum foil and fold the ends tight to keep your cheese from escaping .
When you get them all wrapped up put them in the oven that has preheating and let them bake for 15-20 minutes to warm your buns and get nice and steamy .
Be careful when you take them out and unwrap them the steam will burn you …
Thats it ! Hope you like them .
Monty has been at it again ! He made us these delicious butter burgers last weekend and OMG they were good !
To make the infused butter :
- 2 sticks of room temperature butter
- nice big tablespoon of both thyme and bay leaves
- 4 cloves of garlic minced ( he used the garlic press)
Once the butter is at room temp wrap it in seran wrap and twist the ends tight to form a log style shape and put it in the freezer until firm (about 20 minutes or so )
While you are waiting on that go ahead and form your patties to about 1/4 pound size .
Season with salt and pepper and sesoned salt of your choose there are no rules
When the butter is ready cut it in slices and place one slice on top of each patty and form a “pocket” and pinch the edges tight .
Add a second slice on top of the burger to melt down when cooking
Put all of your burgers on a medium heat grill and cook until cooked threw .
Take them off and add your favorite condiments . Hope you will give them a try and enjoy !
One thing we love to do on the grill or campfire is cook in foil packets . An all time favorite is the potatoes
- 3-4 large russet potaoes
- 1/2 of a medium onion diced
- 1/2 of a bell bepper diced
- 6-7 nice sized mushrooms diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced jalapeno slices
- salt and pepper
- kelbasa sausage (optional)
- 6 pieces foil in approx 12×12
Start be washing you potatoes and cutting them in to bite sized pieces like you would for fried potatoes , and lay out your foil and put equal amounts of potatoes on each foil .
Then add the onion , mushroom, bellpepper and the S&P (sausage if you choose to go that route )
Put a 1/2 teaspoon of butter on top and close your pouches beign sure all edges are pinched and folded over to prevent leaks as it cooks .
Place the pouches on the grill of coals in indirect heat and let cook for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender with a fork .
Open them very carfully away from you as the steam will release when opened .
Beasts jacked up angry wings
Here it is !!! I truly hope yo will try these I know you wont regret it .
What you will need :
- approx. 2 lbs chicken wings (seperated from the drumstick part)
- 1/2 cup (or more !) of Jack Daniels
- 1/2 cup Coca-cola
- 2 Tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 3 eggs
- oil for frying
- 2 Tsp water
How to do it:
- Start with a dutch oven or heavy stock pot big enough to safely fry the wings in
- lets start with the sauce, add the sriracha , whiskey ,coke , brown sugar, minced garlic, soy sauce in a sauce pan and bring it to boil then reduce the heat and let it reduce down and get thick and delish . keep stirring it occasionally .
- Next you want to get your wings ready for their appearance on the stove top . You want the wings cleaned and dried and as close to room temperature as you can
- First add the water and the egg in a shallow dish for dipping the wings
- In another dish mix the flour, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika
- Heat your pot with about 2 inchs of oil on the stove until up to temp for frying .
- Start by dipping the wings into the egg mixture then into the flour mixture until coated and then carefully drop them into the hot oil and fry until golden brown and cook throughly (about 7 minutes )
- Let the wings drain on paper towels or wire rack while frying the rest of the wings in small batches , be careful not to overfill the pan so you don’t risk a oil fire or burns .
- Once you have your wings all fried brush them all with the sauce mix you made in the beginning and put them under a broiler on the low setting until nice and sticky and ooey gooey good .
- Take them out and be careful they will be scalding hot ! Grab some ranch or some blue cheese dressing on a bunch of napkins and go for it !! ENJOY
A mandatory staple for dinner across america is of course pizza ! But what if you don’t want all of the heave tomato based sauce or even meat ? I chose to try a veggie pizza which I served cold . I will tell you what I did and use it only as a base suggestion and make it totally your own with whatever you may want for your toppings .
What I used :
- store bought pre cooked pizza crust
- cream cheese
- purple onion
- green onion
- red and yellow bell peppers
- cheddar cheese
- ranch dressing
- salt and pepper
How I made it :
- Chopped and sliced all of the veggies into bite size pieces except the carrot I used a veggie peeler and and made very thin shoe string like laces.
- Then I put a nice thick layer of cream cheese on the crust as the “sauce”
- First I put down just a thin layer of lettuce and started layering my toppings and topping it off with the green onions and a drizzle of ranch dressing .
- Wa la … Veggie pizza !
I may also try a fruit pizza next time with the same crust and cream cheese as the base . Perfect light dinner for the summer !
fresh salsa verde is always amazing on mexican food or even just chips and salsa . I shopped at my local farmers market for the ingredients .
What I used :
- 1 pound tomtillos
- 5 small jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 medium purple onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- a few squeezes of fresh lime juice to taste (not too much )
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teapoon oregano flakes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
How I did it :
- you have to start by peeling the husk off of the tamatillos and cutting them in half
- chop your jalapenos and onions into diced sized pieces
- chop up the cilantro
- then it is as simple as adding all ingredients to a deep pot and bring to a boil then simmer for approx 10-15 minutes until the tomatiollos are tender .
- you are going to want to allow it to cool just slightly because the next step is to put it in the blender and pulse it until it is a good salsa consistency which only takes a few rounds of the pulse button .
- wa la … salsa verde.
My version was spicy and of course if you want a little more heat just add more jalapeno or even try a hotter variety of pepper . Top a nice plate of tacos with your salsa and grab a margarita and enjoy !
Spicy shrimp and sausage soup
What I used :
- 1/2 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 15oz. kielbasa cut into bitesize pieces
- 1/2 medium yellow union diced
- 1 small bell pepper diced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- red pepper flakes
- small can of sweet corn
- zataraines shrimp boil seasoning
- olive oil
How I did it :
- Start by cooking the onion in a small amount of olive oil in a stock pot for 1-2 minutes.
- Add both the green and red bell peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next ad the Kielbasa and the shrimp
- Now you add the chicken stock and can of corn (undrained)
- Give it a good stir to geth it all mixed together nicely and to ensure it is all properly sumberged .
- Now comes the spice, Add as little or as much of the pepper flakes according to your personal preferance on heat .
- The zataraines shrimp boil usually comes in a pouch that you simply put into the pot and boil for as long as the box directions call for depending on the seafood you are using ( shrimp, crawfish, etc. )
- I brough it to a heavy boil and allowed it to cook down for 30 minutes
- Remove the shrimp boil pouch from the soup and dispose of it and Waa Laa !! Spicy shrimp and sausage soup .