We had these as a light dinner but could be served as a side dish as well .
What I used :
- 6 ripe roma tomatoes
- fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
How I made them :
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- slice tomatoes length wise and lay on a foil lined baking sheet (easy clean up and the vinegar wont bake into your pan )
- top each tomato with a nice layer of parmesan cheese
- drizzle about a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar over each one
- top with oregano and salt and pepper
- bake for approx. 7 minutes or until your cheese is golden brown
I hope you will try them , they would be perfect paired with a juicy steak . you may want to try them on the grill also .